Our school year operates from September through early June. The AKK Preschool offers two morning programs:
Mon/Wed/Fri. 9:00 am – 12:00 noon – Pre-Kindergarten, Child must be 4 years old by September 1st
Tues/Thurs. 9:00 am – 12:00 noon – Child must be 3 years old by September 1st
Registration begins in mid February for the following school year. We start tours the second week in January.
Please feel free to schedule a visit to see our program by calling 510-889-8800
About UsThe goal of A Kids Kingdom Preschool is to personally expose each child and his or her family to the love of Christ and to make them aware that each one is uniquely created by God. Through a carefully planned atmosphere and theme-based, developmentally-appropriate curriculum we encourage each child in an individualized manner to gain new knowledge and understanding at a pace that is right for him/her. By providing seemingly "play" experiences, each child will discover, explore, and master new ideas and skills that will aid in his/her preparation for the school years ahead. It will be one of our primary goals to create an environment where children will feel relaxed and comfortable enough to try out new activities with confidence. Our emphasis will be on providing enriching experiences that ensure successful completion. We, as teachers, will be available to encourage, stimulate and challenge the children as they investigate new areas of learning. Throughout our curriculum, each child will be encouraged to grow and develop in several areas:
- Spiritually as we consider the concept that God is our personal, loving Creator and Heavenly Father, who cares for each of one of (to be emphasized through prayer at snack time, Bible stories and songs that are taught along with other curriculum materials in a non-denominational, non-sectarian manner).
- Emotionally as we strive to develop in each child a positive self-image, sense of confidence, a spirit of creativity, and acceptance of responsibility
- Socially as we learn to share, cooperate, consider feelings of others, and as we develop polite manners, listening skills, etc.
- Physically as we work to better develop our large muscle coordination (jumping, climbing, catching, etc.) and small muscle coordination skills (writing, painting, cutting, etc.).
- Academically as the children are introduced in a playful manner to do things such as numbers and math, letters, colors, language development, history, science, etc.
- Morally as we discover a sense of what is right and what is wrong, and as we learn to respect the rights of others.
Lilia Fregoso -Director/Teacher (M-F)
Lilia started as AKK Director in 2013. She has an Associate of Arts Degree in Child Development/Administration from Citrus College. She has worked for over 25 years as a director and teacher in both private and public school settings.
Nancy Dalton – Teacher (M-F)
Nancy began at AKK in 2006. She has a Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy from San Jose State University. Nancy received a California Child Development Permit in 2005 and received an Associate of Arts degree in Early Childhood Education from Chabot Community College in 2008.
Stacy Christiansen – Teacher (T-Th)
Stacy began at AKK in 1996. She is a qualified teacher having completed all of her Early Childhood courses at Chabot Community College in Hayward.
Christina Cucciara-Nunez – Teacher (M-W-F)
Christina began at AKK in 2016. Christina has an Associate of Arts degree from Las Positas College and has completed her required Early Child Development courses. Christina is continuing her education at Cal State East Bay. Before coming to AKK, Christina worked at Redwood Forest Preschool for four years.